Rega Io New integrated amplifier £379
Designed and handmade in England, delivering unmatched build quality and audio performance at a truly unbeatable price.
The all new Io amplifier is designed with every music lover in mind. Simple to setup and operate the Io is designed to integrate seamlessly into any hi-fi system.
The compact size allows it to be used in a variety of systems and delivers a performance well beyond its price point. As you would expect, there is a high quality built in moving magnet phono stage, two line level inputs, a new design remote control handset and high quality headphone output that is cleverly integrated to deliver optimum performance without compromising the audio circuit. All of these features combine to deliver a powerful, well balanced musical performance at an incredible price.
Importantly the io uses the same power amplifier and phono stage as its larger brother the multi-award winning Brio. The io aims to deliver exceptional sound quality in a smaller and more cost effective package whilst still utilising high quality audio components not expected at this price point.
The class A/B circuit shares it’s DNA with the rest of Rega’s amplifiers, and as usual great care has been taken in component selection. Our engineers have used Sanken output transistors, an Alps volume potentiometer and a linear power supply that enables an output of 30 watts per channel into 8 ohms. Two line level inputs and a high quality moving magnet phono input are available for sources. There is a headphone output provided on the front of the unit for powering standard hi-fi headphones; this is driven from the power amplifier stage of the unit through relays to avoid signal degradation when headphones are inserted or the product is muted.
- Dimensions (W x D X H) 180mm x 290mm x 68mm
- Weight 2.9Kg.
- 30W RMS both channels driven into the rated load of 8 Ω
- Frequency response Phono: 15 Hz to 40 kHz (-3 dB points) / 27 Hz to 20.5 kHz (-1 dB points)
- Input 1 (Phono) input sensitivity 2.1 mV @ 47 kΩ in parallel with 220 pF
- Maximum input 1 (Phono) input level 100 mV
- Input 2-3 (Line) input sensitivity 210 mV @ 47 kΩ
- Maximum input 2-3 (Line) input level 10.25 V
- Power consumption 135 W @ 230 V / 220 V / 115 V / 100 V into the rated load of 8 Ω
The Io can be ordered here.