Musical Fidelity Encore 225
Latest news on Encore is that Tidal has now been added and Qobuz will be added to the feature set in September. This makes this an extremely attractive and powerful audio system.
Musical Fidelity have joined us in offering you your money back on any amplifier when traded in against the above. Get up to £1500 in trade in. Simple bring in your amplifier and it’s box and all accessories and we will give you back what you paid for it provided it is in good condition. If it is in less than good condition we will adjust the price sensibly.
The Musical Fidelity Encore 225 is £3995 and is now on demonstration. We’ve had our unit for a week and have been loading it up with music and letting it bed in. We’ve listened to it a good deal too and have also had it playing in the main shop area to some acclaim.
Make no mistake; this and a pair of decent loudspeakers makes for an extremely musical and compelling combination. So far we’ve listened with Spendor A5R, the larger D7 floor standers and also some of the Bowers and Wilkins 803D3’s.
The Encore 225 is a complete audio solution allowing you to keep all your music in one place. It accepts almost any conceivable analog or digital audio source.
Based on the M6 integrated amp the Encore has a high quality DAC, a CD player and ripper and a Streamer all in one discreet and powerful package. It even has inbuilt storage of up to 2 TB – enough to store 5000 CD’s!
Many streaming systems rely on the use of a computer and a degree of computer literacy. This product does not. It requires an ethernet connection to your network and that is all!
It is also compatible with many network speakers, such as Sonos. There is a very clear, large, high resolution full colour display so you can see what’s going on.
Encore in brief
- Easy and intuitive to use
- Huge connectivity
- Upgradeable 1TB internal storage for over 2500 CDs (bit perfect ripping from CD drive)
- Power amplifiers are the same as those in the M6si
- Compatible with many network speakers, such as Sonos
- Large, high resolution, full colour display
- Control with either IR handset or Apps ( both Apple and Android)
- Dual core 64bit Intel CPU
- Tidal Streaming service currently being added.
M6 Encore 225 – Specifications
- Power output: 225 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms
- THD (+ noise): <0.007 % typical 20Hz – 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >107dB ‘A’ – weighted
- Frequency Response: +0, –0.1dB, 10Hz to 20 kHz
- 3 x Line Level RCA 300mV nominal 2V typical up to 7V rms
- 2 x optical S/PDIF 24 bit inputs up to 192kHz
- 2 x coax S/PDIF 24 bit inputs up to 192kHz
- 1 x USB 3.0 type ‘A’ connector
- 1 xUSB 3.0 type “B” connector (for future expansion)
- 3 x USB2.0 type ‘A’ connector (1 front, 2 rear)
- 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet connector
- 1x line level FIXED 2.0V @ 0dBFS (300mV rms nominal, >6V rms max)
- 1x line level PREAMP variable outputs (>6V rms max) (Preamp gain, line input to PREAMP outputs is 4.5x (13dB) at maximum volume)
- Headphone output suitable for headphones impedance 8 ohms to ∞. (Headphone output features independent volume setting)
- Speaker outputs 1 pair 4mm banana plugs per channel
- 1x optical S/PDIF 24-bit output up to 192kHz
- 1x coax S/PDIF 24-bit output up to 192kHz
- Internal storage 2.5” 1 TB SATA II hard disk (included) or SSD (future upgradeable)
- Dimensions – WxHxD (mm): 440 x 125 x 400
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 16.6 kg/ 21.3 kg
Click here for resources